Image courtesy: thisoldhouse.com
An air conditioning unit can be an important part of your life, especially through the summer months. You might need an AC all through the year in case you live in one of the warmer parts of the country. While these machines are quite costly, you may be required to spend a good deal of money on the maintenance issues.
Follow these few simple steps to take care of your air conditioner and bring down the maintenance costs by a good deal.
- give the filters and the vents a good cleanup every month
- keep a note of the temperature with the changing weather
- make sure the ac is clean on the outer side as well (outdoor)
- clean the fan blades once a month
- clear anything that may be blocking normal air flow through the ac
- make sure the room is sealed (doors, windows and any other vents) while the ac is switched on
- try to get the ac serviced during the spring season, so that it is ready for the coming summer seasons